Saturday 19 January 2008

Christy Moore Nancy Spain




Of all the stars that ever shone
Not one does twinkle like your pale blue eyes
Like golden corn at harvest time your hair
Sailing in my boat the wind
Gently blows and fills my sail
Your sweet-scented breath is everywhere

Daylight peeping through the curtain
Of the passing night time is your smile
And the sun in the sky is like your laugh
Come back to me my Nancy
Linger for just a little while
Since you left these shores I've known no peace
Nor joy

Chorus:
No matter where I wander I'm still haunted
by your name
The portrait of your beauty stays the same
Standing by the ocean wondering where you've
gone, if you'll return again
Where is the ring I gave to Nancy Spain

On the day in Spring when snow starts to melt
And streams to flow
With the birds I'll sing this song
Then in the while I'll wander
Down by bluebell stream where wild flowers grow
And I'll hope that lovely Nancy will return

Chorus






No comments: