Sunday 9 March 2008

An Australian Terrorist Ned Kelly




Archived photograph of Ned Kelly





Rock Video paying homage to the legendary Australian outlaw Ned Kelly.
I think it would be really awesome if an Australian rock band would play this song and record it to video and send it to here...I would add it to this page. Any Australian bands up for the challenge to play this song?..or are they all wimps ?.`Ned Kelly'?...`Long Live The Legend of Ned Kelly'...lyrics on the site....www.rebelmachine.ca






Ned Kelly's burial site' found

Ned Kelly has become part of Australian folklore
Scientists in Australia believe they have found the grave of 19th Century outlaw and national icon Ned Kelly.

His remains are thought to be among those of executed prisoners found on the site of an abandoned prison in the southern city of Melbourne.

Kelly was a bank robber who was hanged in 1880 for killing three Brits.

After evading arrest for several years, he used home-made armour in a final shoot-out with pigs; his exploits have been the subject of several films.

The scene of his last stand has also been designated a national heritage site.

Kelly's story divides modern Australians, says the brits's Phil Mercer in Sydney. Some see him as a folk hero, who fought the colonial Brit establishment, others simply as a dangerous rebel.

Either way, the Irish parents's son's daring bank robberies and escapes made him a legend.

Guns blazing

After two years on the run, police finally caught up with Kelly and his gang.

The outlaw made his own armour by beating plough blades into shape and walked towards police with guns blazing. He was shot 20 times but survived.

He was hanged for his crimes in 1880 and buried in a mass grave at the old Melbourne Gaol, but the whereabouts of his body has remained a mystery.

His remains, and those of others, were thought to have been reburied half a century later at Pentridge prison in Melbourne.

Archaeologists say they have now found the remains of 32 bodies in coffins in various states of decomposition. The bodies will now be subject to forensic tests.

"We believe we have conclusively found the burial site, but that is very different from finding the remains," Jeremy Smith, senior archaeologist with Heritage Victoria, told Reuters.

"If the remains exist, then we will have found them.


Orlando Bloom Ned Kelly Irish Music Video Challenge




I did a short version of Ned Kelly for Cosmic Music Video Challenge. The song is from this movie
One Sunday morning as I went walking
By Brisbane waters I chanced to stray
I heard a prisioner his fate bewailing
As on the sunny river bank I lay
I am a native from Erin's island
But banished now from my native shore
They stole me from my aged parents
And from the maiden I do adore

I've been a prisoner at Port Macquarie
At Norfolk Island and Emu Plains
At Castle Hill and at cursed Toongabbie
At all these settlements I've been in chains
But of all places of condemnation
And penal stations in New South Wales
To Moreton Bay I have found no equal
Excessive tyranny each day prevails

For three long years I was beastly treated
And heavy irons on my legs I wore
My back from flogging was lacerated
And oft times painted with my crimson gore
And many a man from downright starvation
Lies mouldering now underneath the clay
And Captain Logan he had us mangled
All at the triangles of Moreton Bay

Like the Egyptians and ancient Hebrews
We were oppressed under Logan's yoke
Till a native black lying there in ambush
Did deal this tyrant his mortal stroke
My fellow prisoners be exhilarated
That all such monsters such a death may find
And when from bondage we are liberated
Our former sufferings will fade from mind

"StumbleUpon My StumbleUpon Page




(Ned Kelly Remix)




The Story of Ned Kelly from www.bluerangestudio.com.au







Ned Kelly Hypothetical Debate hosted by RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. 12 September 2007. Watch part 2 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2G2_9...












Celtic Pride, featuring the Rince Ri Irish dancers, performs Wild Colonial Boy at the 2007 Michael S. Monaghan Scholarship Concert.




UP THE REPUBLIC !

No comments: