Wednesday, 16 July 2014

ORANGE ORDER MI5 BOY BROTHEL












Dark secrets: Kincora Boys' Home in east Belfast, where children were abused for years

A UK-wide inquiry into child sex abuse will lack credibility unless it examines allegations surrounding Kincora Boys' Home, it has been claimed.

Clint Massey, who waived his right to anonymity to speak about how he was abused, said: "I strongly believe there's a lot more to come out."
Amnesty's Northern Ireland director Patrick Corrigan also warned that any inquiry must examine Kincora.




William McGrath was one of three staff members jailed in 1981 for abusing boys at Kincora
"For an inquiry to take place into child sexual abuse and potential cover-ups by the establishment and not include Kincora would mean that that inquiry lacks credibility," he said.
Supporting the calls, East Belfast DUP MLA Robin Newton said the perpetrators behind Kincora's grim past must be held accountable.
"The scandal of the Kincora Boys' Home continues to taint east Belfast and those who suffered abuse within its walls need justice," he said.
The Kincora scandal emerged in January 1980. Three senior staff members – William McGrath, Joseph Mains and William Semple – were jailed in 1981 for the abuse.
However, there have been persistent allegations of a mass cover-up by the secret service, which was rumoured to be protecting high-ranking paedophiles in the military, Civil Service and politics.
It was later claimed the RUC had been informed of the abuse at the home years earlier but did nothing.
Mr Massey was 16 when he was sent to Kincora.
He told the BBC: "The mornings were the worst times. I didn't start work until 10 o'clock.
"The other two guys who shared the room were up at half six in the morning and gone by seven.

Video: Kincora - Did MI5 use the abuse of young men to manipulate people in high places – UUP leader Mike Nesbitt
source: Belfast Telegraph
360p low
01:17
"I didn't wake up until half eight. That was when McGrath had me at his mercy. There was nobody in the house except for just those three men and me."
Mr Massey has long suspected the full story of what happened at Kincora has not been revealed.
"The authorities knew what was going on," he added.
"When I walked in there, there were people high up who knew exactly what I was walking into.
"They just let me walk into it."
Ulster Unionist leader Mike Nesbitt said he was writing to Prime Minister David Cameron urging him to include Kincora in the inquiry.
However, Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said there should be an independent, international inquiry.
Background
Kincora Boys' Home on the Newtownards Road in east Belfast was the scene of a notorious child abuse scandal. In December 1981 three former employees at the home were jailed for abusing boys there. Among them was William McGrath, a former house master at Kincora and a leading Orangeman. There have long been claims of a cover-up to protect senior establishment figures linked to Kincora.
Further reading
From the archives
Post a Comment