Sunday, 3 May 2015

DEE IS AWAY WEE WILLIE WILL PLAY


Hardline statement by UDA group
udashowofstrength.jpg
Leaders of a breakaway UDA faction in north Antrim have warned that their violence is likely to escalate further.
In the last 18 months the group has been responsible for six ‘punishment’ shootings, one of which resulted in a man losing his leg, as well as the murder of 42-year-old Brian McIlhagga in Ballymoney in January.
The upsurge in violence came after the organisation’s long-standing leader in north Antrim, Billy ‘The Mexican’ McFarland, was removed in 2013. A spokesman for the paramilitary group said this week that there had been “a gradual deterioration in the mood and loyalists are angry, especially young loyalists”.
The hardline UDA group said it had never declared a ceasefire and it would continue to exist as long as loyalists felt “marginalised”.
“We have always been outside of the peace process,” the spokesman said.
Last month, Independent Moyle councillor Padraig McShane accused British forces of “running” members of the gang. The former Sinn Fein councillor was the first to draw attention to the unchecked series of 40 attacks, including shootings, arson and pipe bombings, in the last two years.
“The type, level and concentration of attacks coupled with the fact that a small number of arrests are not turning into criminal charges and convictions follows a similar pattern when collusion was at its height,” he said.
“Rank and file PSNI members are openly communicating that they are not allowed to intervene with UDA individuals who enjoy immunity on criminal acts.”
Mr McShane’s home was badly damaged in a firebomb attack last October, which he has blamed on the UDA. Last summer the message ‘Padraig McShane - dead man’ was also painted on a white sheet and placed on a loyalist bonfire in Dervock, County Antrim.
East Derry SDLP assembly member John Dallat said he had raised the loyalist threat with the Dublin government. He said the gang involved was desperate to reassert their influence in an area running from Dervock in County Antrim to Derry city.
“There is deep concern that it is only a matter of time before they turn their attention to the Catholic community that they murdered in the past,” he said.
“If they would inflict this kind of violence and horrendous injuries on their own community what else are they capable of?”


David Cameron defends Israel's right to commit mass murder of Palestinian civilians

Stop the War Coalition . Posted in News

When Israel killed 2,200 Palestinians, including 577 children, in its 2014 war on Gaza, Cameron says it was just 'defending itself'.

Cameron and Netanyahu
UK prime minister David Cameron greeting Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanuahu.

BRITISH Prime Minister David Cameron has defended the Israeli regime’s 2014 military aggression against Palestinians in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Cameron said in an interview with the UK-based Jewish Chronicleon 30 April 2015 that Tel Aviv had a right to “defend” itself when it began its war on Gaza in July 2014.
Israel started airstrikes against the besieged Palestinian territory in early July 2014 and later expanded its military campaign with a ground invasion. The war ended in late August that year.
Nearly 2,200 Palestinians, including 577 children, were killed inIsrael’s 50-day onslaught and over 11,100 others, including nearly 3,380 children, 2,088 women and 410 elderly people, were injured. Tens of Israelis were also killed during the war.
Cameron said it was “important to speak out” about standing by Israeli.
The British prime minister’s remarks are his latest ones in showing support for the Israeli regime.
Cameron’s support for the Israeli war on Gaza last summer resulted in the resignation of Britain’s then Foreign Office Minister. Sayeeda Warsi. Warsi stepped down in August 2014 over Cameron’s “morally indefensible” failure to condemn the sufferings in Gaza.
Numerous rights groups and NGOs have also condemned the 2014 Israeli war.
Last month, the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) declared month in a report that Israel perpetrated war crimes and crimes against humanity during its devastating military onslaught on the besieged Gaza Strip in July-August 2014.
Furthermore, chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat announced on March 30 that the International Criminal Court (ICC) had started investigating war crimes committed by Israel during the war on Gaza.
The Palestinian Authority formally became a member of the ICC on April 1, which enables Palestinians to sue Israeli officials for war crimes.
Post a Comment